February 17, 2013

Classics Illustrated Poe's "Fall of The House of Usher"

Classics Illustrated Deluxe #10: The Murders in the Rue Morgue, and Other TalesClassics Illustrated Deluxe #10: The Murders in the Rue Morgue, and Other Tales by Edgar Allan Poe
Source: Paperback from my collection
My rating: 4 of 5 stars  :star :star :star :star

I really enjoyed this illustrated classic. My favorite thing about it was the artwork. I loved the color scheme and overall theme of the art. It gave the classic Poe tale an added creepiness and charm that enhanced the story. After finishing it, I felt that it would be perfect for a youngster who is perhaps new to classic fiction. It could work to convince the reader that these classics aren't merely dusty homework assignments to be rushed and forgotten; but rather an introduction to a new and fascinating world. I also recommend it for any lovers of classic literature who simply want to re-read their favorite stories in a condensed format, and love the idea of accompanied artwork! I plan to make another trip to the used bookstore where I found this hidden gem, and purchase several more!

The only reason I gave 4/5 stars was because I felt the story adaptation was not up to the par I had hoped for. However, now knowing what caliber to expect, and being more forgiving, in the future I'm sure my ratings will be 5/5. :)

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!