Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Diamond:Graduation, What’s Next?





In 2016 I began the Master’s of Library and Information Science program at UCLA. I went from wanting to be a YA Librarian, to answering a calling I felt in my soul to study Archives and Informatics. Now, in 2017 I finished my program and will be obtaining my Master’s diploma in a few months time! (disclosure: I still need to present my portfolio (it’s a different version of a thesis: intended for those of us who plan to join the workforce ASAP - ME! )

What’s Next?



As funny and odd as these hats are, I felt like a G wearing the regalia: the hood, sash, oh and the gown had extra long sleeves (we put our iPhones in there!)


Most of all, I just wanted to THANK YOU all who have been there these past two years. My family and friends (internet friends included, duh) have put up with countless tears, angry texts that don’t make sense, screams of I AM STRESSED I HAVE TO WRITE 8 PAPERS and I HAVEN”T SLEPT. You know ;) grad school stuff. I am forever grateful to all of you who have supported me and accepted that I have been more absent in your lives due to this program and school. 

Especially with my beloved blog…I was lucky enough to have a superhero as a friend. She lives in NY and she’s a feisty smart wonderful young woman who you know as ALEX!!!!! 

How can I thank her enough, seriously?! For keeping the posts going, while she maintains her amazing and FULL and goodie-paced blog…. I’m just so proud of her and thankful that she has been here helping keep this blog alive. 

and for those who followed despite our absences, waiting patiently for us to return, THANK YOU!

I don’t know what will become of the blog now. I may receive several emails after this post goes live, with offers to co-blog or guest post on here (I would love that!) 

Now my journey includes scouring Los Angeles (and beyond) for a job position. I can’t believe I am finally, actually … starting a career that I am excited about and ready to take on! Digital archivist, preservation, and all sorts of exciting positions are worth exploring in my book.

Let’s hear it for the Archives and the Libraries!! ^_^



author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!