Monday, May 23, 2016

Book Review: The Creative Tarot: A Modern Guide to an Inspired Life by Jessa Crispin

Title: The Creative Tarot, Modern Guide to an Inspired Life by Jessa Crispin
My Rating: 4 of 5 stars :star :star :star :star
Source: Paperback via pubisher
Date of Publication: February 16, 2016
Publisher: Touchstone
Goodreads

A hip, accessible, and practical guide for artists and creative people looking to tarot for guidance and inspiration in the tradition of The Secret Language of Birthdays and Steal Like an Artist.
What if the path to creativity was not as challenging as everyone thinks? What if you could find that spark, plot twist, or next project by simply looking at your life and your art through a different lens?
Written for novices and seasoned readers alike, The Creative Tarotis a unique guidebook that reimagines tarot cards and the ways they can boost the creative process. Jessa Crispin guides you through the intuitive world of the tarot to get those creative juices flowing again. Thought to be esoteric and mystical, tarot cards are approachable and endlessly helpful to overcoming creative blocks. Crispin offers spiritual readings of the cards, practical information for the uninspired artist, and a wealth of fascinating anecdotes about famous artists including Virginia Woolf, Rembrandt, and David Bowie, and how they found inspiration.
With five original tarot spreads and beautiful illustrations throughout, The Creative Tarot is an accessible, colorful guide that demystifies both the tarot and the creative process.

My Review 


As a book blogger, I get many many emails from publishers about all sorts of books. They flood my inbox everyday, and the only thing that sucks is sometimes I just don't have time to read them. Sometimes they're not on my radar, or I don't have time. 
I'm so happy though, that for whatever reason I was reading emails the day I saw the press kit of The Creative Tarot. 

Although a nonfiction book, it seemed right up my alley! I love horoscopes and tarot cards. Tarot cards are a recent hobby perhaps 3 years ago when I got my first deck. A friend of mine introduced me to it and I started doing readings casually for friends. Although I don't consider myself an aficionado, I still like doing readings once in awhile. I'm also an artist. Not professional, of course. But I love to paint and the fact that this book combines artistic lifestyle with tarot cards is genius! You may think its kind of a niche, but it doesn't surprise me that I see this book featured on the Book Depositories bestseller page for the past few weeks :O

This is a definite must read for any artistic, musical, or creative person

It applies to anyone who feels that for some reason their creative energy is blocked... or their muse has vanished. Pick this book up, it's really interesting and doesn't need to be read from start to finish. You can just pick it up and randomly open a page...voilĂ  ;)


A copy of this book was sent to me by the publisher for review consideration.
author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!