Monday, January 11, 2016

Graphic Novel Review: Lumberjanes (Vol. 2) Friendship to the Max = Max awesome!


Lumberjanes, Vol. 2: Friendship to the Max by Noelle Stevenson

Source: Paperback (gifted)
My rating: 5 of 5 stars :star :star :star :star :star
Date of Publication: October 13, 2015
Publisher: Boom! Box


Excellent! I liked this volume just as much as Volume 1 xP ! And believe me, sequels to amazing first volumes (or books) can have a hard time living up to the potential of their older sibling. (sibling, wut?)

I do think if you haven't read the first one, you should go and read that before diving into this one. 

This volume starts without any sort of preamble, and if you are unfamiliar with the characters I don't think you'll "get" or appreciate the story much at all. :| Which, we wouldn’t want to happen! I think it’s definitely the type of graphic novel that you need to read

There was definitely a MAJOR TWIST in this volume that I was not expecting at all! :o I liked it, though. It careened the book from contemporary genre with bits of fantasy into more like an equal mix of contemporary and fantasy together :rainbow yay :rainbow

I can't wait to continue with this series and see where it will lead! I liked how each character got a little spotlight and we got to see more of them. The illustrations were just divine, and the dialogue was so funny and quirky and just amazing.

I definitely recommend this series to others!! Start with Volume 1, and you'll be hooked. Oh and be sure to let me know if you do read this series
;)

View all my reviews



author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

4 comments :

  1. I'm glad to hear that the second volume was just as good as the first one! I really enjoyed the first volume. It had me laughing out loud each time one of the girls used a famous lady as a curse word. "What the Joan Jett?" I'm excited to get this one from the library soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! Haha my favorite is when they say “What the butt?!?”
      I’m trying to get that back in frequent daily use, personally. I love it when a book changes you… *sigh* ;) lol. I love also when I LOL while reading a book, and this volume was just as funny as the first. It is seriously twisted though! When you read it, I must know what ou think! Tweet me when you get it ;) @DiamondCronen http://www.twitter.com/DiamondCronen

      Delete
  2. I love this series too, so glad to see you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn’t it the best?! So glad to have a fellow Lumberjanes lover out there, Jolien! :L

      Delete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!