November 19, 2014

20 things you might not know about me [Tag]

I was tagged by the gorgeous Jess @ My Reading Dress

I'm an Aquarius

I have many Aquarian traits; I was born on the cusp of Capricorn/Aquarius.  Independent, eccentric, idealistic, quirky, rebellious, and intelligent are some Aquarian traits.[If you believe in that sort of thing, which, I do!]

I'm 1/2 Persian (Iranian)

the rest is a mix of Irish, French, Scottish, German, etc. My mother was born in Iran and moved here when she was 27 years old.

I speak Farsi 

I learned as a baby (even before English!), forgot when I moved away, then had to reteach myself at 18. I took a course at my University and learned the basics of reading and writing, which helped my speaking skills a lot! I'm actually quite proud of it. :$

I'm left-handed

It's true what they say that left handers are a bit "off" haha ;)

I love to paint in my free time

My favorite movies are old horror B-movies

If Vincent Price and Robert E. Lee are involved, count me in. I grew up watching them with my dad and haven't kicked the habit yet. 


My favorite vacation was when I traveled to Paris

I wish I could live there. I was 20 and stayed for ten days. I was celebrating my golden birthday, and it was the most magical experience! :star

I secretly love school 

...I know school, especially college isn't for everyone. I always loved school and even doing homework and studying! Which kind of explains the next thing..

I'm currently applying for graduate school

I hope to get my master's degree in Library and Information Science. There are only 2 programs in the state that are certified. The first application is due Dec 10th! No wonder I haven't been posting a lot?!!?!?! lol xD

I love smoking hookah

I smoke a hookah every night after work to de-stress. It tastes good (unlike cigarettes), doesn't have any tar or any of the really bad chemicals in cigarettes either. It's kind of a Middle Eastern thing xP 


I feel weird if my toe nails aren't painted 

I have no idea why.. It feels like I'm unfinished I can't describe it :$

My love of cartoons has grown in 

my adult years

From kid-centered to adult, my love for animation is all encompassing. Some favorites are: Samurai Jack, Scooby Doo (classic and Mystery Incorporated), The Venture Brothers, The Simpsons, Camp Lazlo, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Gravity Falls, and Teen Titans! :L

I grew up in Wisconsin

..in small town called Sheboygan. (everyone laughs when I say the name). I lived there from preschool to the end of high school. Although my Wisconsin accent has faded mostly, it comes out when I say certain words!

I'm incredibly indecisive

Which leads me to the next fact...

I don't have any tattoos 


There are so many I want, I can't decide. I decide, then at the last minute think something else might be better...Le sigh :|

My cat Sasha is my best friend

She's a book lover too :P

In High School & University dream was to become a lawyer

That changed only recently!



I suffer from Lupus (SLE). 

In 2012 I ended up discovering this after being in the hospital. It took over two years to get on the right medication, during which I couldn't work and could barely function. Perhaps the most difficult time, it was the time I started this blog and the book community really helped get me through :rainbow

I drink a can of Diet Coke every day

It's my guilty pleasure. It has caffeine (which I need daily!) and just tastes so refreshing from a can! *sips* Yes I happen to be drinking one right now... lol 



Dogs just started liking me!

Seriously. They hated me most of my life (I think they latched on to my fear of them, which started with a bite from a dog while I was doing my paper route at 14. Since then I've been bitten a total of 5 times by different dogs. So when they started to like me and refrain from biting..I noticed how cute they are :k

-----------
There you have it! 20 Things you maybe didn't know about me. That was a lot harder to come up with than I would've thought.

I TAG anyone else who wants to complete this post! 
If you do, make sure you come and leave your link! I'd love to learn more about ALL of you.

-Diamond

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

6 comments :

  1. :O My dream is to practice law! I wonder what changed your mind?
    An aquarius now are we? Oh! I'm a capricon, 6 days into the new year :P (I was supposed to be a new year baby but...)
    I'm indecisive as well! It takes me forever to get out of the house because I can never decide what I want to wear =_=
    GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GRADUATE SCHOOL APPS, HUN! You're going to rock it! <3 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! And I'm on the cusp! My bday is the 20th of Jan! No wonder we clicked right away :) lol. I didn't know you are pursuing a law degree! That's amazing. I had to change it due to my health conditions. Lupus is triggered by stress and a high stress career with long hours is probably the worst decision for me when I discovered I had lupus (right around college graduation!) it was devastating, but I'm happy with my new career choice moving forward. What is your major going to be in college? ^_^

      Delete
  2. I knew a lot of these already, obviously I have been stalking you for way too long! I'm with you on the diet coke, I drink it every day too (but I love coke zero also). I can't believe you have been bitten 5 times, that's awful. If that happened me I'd be terrified of dogs! As it is I love the ones I know but I'm wary of dogs that are strange to me. Smoking the hookah sounds cool to me! And I'd love to go back to Paris someday. I really liked it but didn't love it like I thought I would. We went for out first wedding anniversary which was romantic though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that does sound romantic! And I am still wary of dogs I don't know or really big dogs that keep jumping on you and tend to be able to almost know u over! Lol. But yeah idk why I was always a dog bite magnet.. Weird! You should try hooka sometime, it's really tasty and relaxing!

      Delete
  3. Loved this tag! It was a great way to get to know a little more about you. I am currently in high school and am dreaming of being a lawyer too! Oh, and I am just curious... what exactly is this hookah? :)

    Rachel @ Rachel's Reading Corner"/>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww your cat is so precious! Yes, out of all the 20 facts, I immediately start talking about your cat. That's the kind of person I am, hahaha. But really, she's adorable. And your cartoon thingy has me feeling all nostalgic. I used to watch Scooby Doo all the time! I should really pick that up again...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!