October 7, 2014

An update on October and the GRE!


Soo as many of you know I recently started a new job where I'm working many hours stretched out 6 days a week. My reading time has been spliced in half, and I don't really know where I'm going to find the time to post. :c

But besides all of that, I am scheduled to take the GRE test in two weeks! For those of you outside the U.S., that is the test you take after getting your bachelors and get the masters degree. I'm trying to get my masters degree in MLIS, library and information science and the total application is due in December. It's daunting, to say the least.

Any one have any advice for a would be grad student? ^_^


So on the blog there won't be AS many posts for the next two weeks. I'm caught up on my EARCs and arcs for October, save for a few. So I'm gonna focus on studying and I will post reviews and a few others but not too many. I hope you all bear with me!

Because I don't really know what the hell I'm doing


I'd love to hear some feedback on what I can expect from getting a masters degree, in any field but if you're a librarian I'd love to hear specifics!

-Diamond

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

8 comments :

  1. WOOOHOO I'm sending you all the wishes for your exam, Diamond!!!! See you at the end of this bleak tunnel (aka, the glorious November :b)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much doll face! Ahh glorious November :rainbow I can hardly wait until it comes! October is definitely going to be a trial...

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! Good luck on that test! I can't even imagine the stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took the GRE a looong time ago. You'll do great. My advice for a grad student is to make sure you have clear goals for why you're going to grad school and keep them in the front of your mind. Unlike college where you're on a four year track, it's easy to get derailed by life when you're in grad school. I almost didn't finish, but I forced myself to see it through and I'm glad now that I did.
    Good luck :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great advice Jen! Thank you so much :O That's awesome u finished, what'd you get your degree in?

      Delete
  4. Well goodluck with all that business, I stopped at Bachelors..getting a Masters is a difficult feat. But hey, you need it to do what you love right? Think of that end product ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your GRE - I took that darn thing too many years ago. Best piece of advice I got when I was in grad school is the following: How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. I still use that as my mantra when I'm overwhelmed by how much I need to do. All the best! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!