Monday, July 14, 2014

Fangirl Style Reviews: Vampire Academy Series Edition


Fangirl-Style Reviews is an original feature created by me :$
What is a Fangirl Style review? Basically it's me being short, not very eloquent, and perhaps screaming in font or using a lot of !!! :) :v :|| etc. non professional, FUN, crazy, weird reviews. 
AKA.. FANGIRL-Style! :tup




I read Vampire Academy a few weeks ago and devoured it. I instantly knew what all the fuss and hype was about; I was in. I really liked Rose as a character, her strength and her friendship with Lissa. I right away ordered the second book and when I got it I couldn't wait to continue the series and see what would happen to Rose at St. Vladimir's Academy. Not to mention, it seems like I have read every one of these books so far in one day. I'm a fast reader, but I'm rarely that entranced to read it in one day - let alone but three books in a series. 

So, one thing I wanna tell you guys is this: if you haven't read VA yet, you need to! It's an amazing series, and well-written. Lots of action and kick ass heroines are what it's all about! Plus, then we can fangirl all over it :P

__________________


Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead
Source: Paperback via library
My rating: 4 of 5 stars :star :star :star :star


Really more like 4.5 stars. 

Pulled an all-nighter to finish this one. It was kinda hard to watch Rose fall apart in this book. I admit I wish Lissa had reached out more while it was happening and confronted her about it..I also wish rose would've trusted her best friend with her issues, not all of them, I get that, but some of them.

I'm officially hooked on this series. With each book I get more and more invested. I doubt I'll be waiting much longer before I start the next one. :e




Do you love the Vampire Academy books? Why do you (or don't you) love them? 

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

8 comments :

  1. Diamond I haven't read these although I do have them on my wishlist. I am so glad you are enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you have heard this a billion times but you need to read it! It's a great series :O
      thnx for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love this series so much. I actually DNF'd the first book a year or so after it came out and then on the recommendation of friends, did a binge read of these in summer 2012. I'm such a fan now!!! Glad you're loving them too.
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember putting of this series so much because if the whole "vampire" thing but after tons of recommendations i binge read it a year ago over march break and loved the books so much! I'm a total fan now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome ^_^ isn't it funny how we put off books for so long then when we finally read them it's like why did I wait so long?! :P lol

      Delete
  4. Ahh! I still need to finish this series! To be honest, I became a fan when I listened to the audiobooks, the narrator was so fantastic! But I still haven't "read" the last two books because I wanted the audios, again.
    Great post, Dee!
    Lis @ The reader lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I love when the narrator is awesome! I'll have to listen to one, now I'm curious ;) I need to read the last two books as well...it's such a great series! Thanks for stopping by Lis :tup

      Delete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!