June 23, 2014

Book review: Sea of Shadows by Kelley Armstrong

Sea of Shadows (Age of Legends, #1)Sea of Shadows by Kelley Armstrong
Source: eARC via HarperCollins
My rating: 2 of 5 stars :star :star


I found this book confusing. The last 25% was good, but that's not enough to redeem the rest of the book. Switching between the sisters, Moria and Ashyn, the chapters were hard to follow. The ending was awesome though, and I finally felt like I was reading a good fantasy novel. I just wish the pacing was better, and that we got to the good parts faster. I felt most of the beginning was pointless.

*a copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher in exchange for my honest opinion*



View all my reviews

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

4 comments :

  1. Even though I'm in search of some High Fantasy to expand my range and the realms I have a chance to enter, I don't think this one is for me. I'm sorry it wasn't a better read for you, but I hope the next book you're onto is much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that's a good choice. What type of high fantasy do you like? Lord of the a Rings is a good choice, and I also love Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. Hope you find some good ones to enjoy! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've noticed that with each first book in a series Kelley has some slower much much slower pacing than with other authors I've read. Since I've read enough of her books now I"ve just come to expect it and still enjoy the books. I hope I like this one more than you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, really?! Yeah I think the pacing will improve now that the world has been established. I haven't read her other series but I really want to!
      Thanks for stopping by Tabitha! :P

      Delete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!