Thursday, January 09, 2014

Less Posting, More..Living?

Hey lovelies.

Lately I've been kind of in a blogging funk. Maybe it's because of the new year and being busy...I don't know. I do know I've fulfilled one of my major resolutions for 2013 (and one that I'm continuing for this new year too)--  to be more social and make more friends..oh and go on dates! :k I'm super happy and excited to be doing those things, but I realized I can't do it without neglecting my blog a bit, and it makes me feel guilty. I've been having a great time meeting new people, but it's impossible to me to blog as much as I was when my free time is full of social activities! I've also started painting again, and my friend is getting me into art-journaling. These are things I may incorporate once in awhile..or, I'm thinking to at least.

Anyway.. I thought that I'd cut down on posts for a bit and have some fun dating (some real cuties I've met, btw!). But I'm not in a reading funk. I still plan to read and review all the books I requested and ARCs I received. Just cut back on memes. I wish I hadn't signed up for so many blog tours this month.. :( also, it's my birthday month so I'm going out of town for a few days! Ahhh life is so crazy right now!

I've been having a lot of giveaways though, and I will continue to because I need to clear out my shelves and thereby cut the stress I've been feeling lately. I know I've been blogging almost a year and haven't gotten burnt out like this yet.

Are you guys mad that I'll be posting less? Any requests on posts you want to continue to see? Any advice on how to live life and blog without being glued to blogger for hours a day?


Love ya,
 Xoxox Dee <3 :="" :p="" p="">
author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

10 comments :

  1. I'm so excited for you! I hope you find someone really nice. Dating is a lot of fun...course I'm married now which reminds me I need to make that man take me out on a date night soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tabitha darling!!! *hugs* :h And yes make him take you to a nice date it'll be so much fun :)

      Delete
  2. Nope, not mad at all that you're going to spend some time dating and socializing outside of the internet. Good luck with dating! Have as much fun as you can while you still can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life happens and sometimes it gets a little crazy! This totally happened to me over November and December and you know what... it's ok <3 we will still be here <3 Have fun, go on dates and enjoy it! I did that over December where I was at the beach 2-3 times a week and chilled with friends a lot. The best thing I did was write my posts and schedule them (which is a bit of advice you gave me a little while ago)!

    We still love you Diamond!

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love. :h your words really encourage me! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. Go have fun! That is what life is for! I'm posting a bit less at the moment too as I've been travelling for work and also exercising a lot more than I was. Which means less time at the computer. I'm still trying to figure out how to balance it all. I still love blogging and will continue, just maybe not quite as much.
    You must fill me in those dates :) And I'd love to see a post on your art journaling, I don't know anything about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish! I'm comforted to see you're doing the same.. It does feel good to be out and doing stuff. :P
      I'll definitely include some posts of the art and art journaling! Glad to see you'd be interested in it :k

      Delete
    2. Great, I really want to know more about them. I love art but I'm an observer not a creator!

      Delete
  5. I support you 100%, Dee! :D Have fun, live life, and go out there. *cheers*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ana :O I really appreciate your support! <3

      Delete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!