January 27, 2014

ARC Review: Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy by Karen Foxlee

Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy by Karen Foxlee
Source: eARC via Random House Children's/Netgalley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars :star :star :star :star



This book was provided to me by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.


This was a delightful story. It reminds me a lot of Narnia with the snow queen and her heart of ice. I loved the boy and Ophelia was a treasure. The setting was in a museum; what a unique and perfect setting for a middle grade adventure such as this. Picturing Ophelia running through the museum searching or the boy or the magic sword was so vivid, it felt like a movie.


Sometimes you just need a wonderfully perfect book that is short, sweet, and full of imagination. For me it's more often than just sometimes, which is why I really value books like these that feel as classic as Narnia but are also as fresh as something new. I definitely recommend this book to everyone! It's so much fun, I'd read it again and I'd read anything this author puts out in a heartbeat. 



View all my reviews

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

6 comments :

  1. Oh this sounds adorable!! Ok I'll keep this one in mind for future reads in the MG area. I read so few of them now a days cause I'm really wanting to do more of an equal amount of adult and YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS adorable! ^_^ you simply MUST read it Tabitha <3

      Delete
  2. Love the idea of it being set in a museum; that alone makes me want to read this story. I have to admit, every once in awhile I wander the children's section of the library, fill my bag, and spend a whole week reading nothing but kid books. I love them (even though I'm no longer a kid).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know..isn't it so nice to just read a good middle grade book? It hits the spot so many times when I'm tired of reading blah books. ;)

      Delete
  3. I think this cover is fab and I love the museum setting. Sounds like a fun, comfort read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It def was a fun comfort read! ^_^ I just love those :tup

      Delete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!