December 29, 2013

Book Review: Dark Witch (Cousins O'Dwyer #1) by Nora Roberts

Dark Witch by Nora Roberts
Source: My Collection (paperback)
My rating: 4 of 5 stars :star :star :star :star


Actual Rating: 4.5 stars.

Believe it or not, this was my very first Nora Roberts book. (Thank you Holly for recommending it to me!) It won't be my last, that's for sure. If you want a good solid story about witches, family, friendship, and a great romance to boot - I recommend you read this book. I read it in one day and loved it. The story was compelling and the characters lovable. I loved Iona's personality. She was so cute, full of love and just wanted to be loved in return. She was a strong, capable woman and so was Branna and Meara.

The imagery was amazing. The most surprising thing was the romance aspect. I was shocked that there wasn't much sex involved (way less than I was expecting-- only two scenes I think). The romance was very clean. I guess perhaps I've been reading more hardcore romance and not knowing it. I don't know what I was expecting, but I had this picture in my mind that Nora Roberts books were romance/erotica. All I can say is this one wasn't. It was super clean -- could've used a bit more dirt even, if you ask me ;) lol but it was a great book!

I can't wait for the next book in this series! This is definitely a series I plan to devour. I can't recommend it enough! 



View all my reviews


author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

4 comments :

  1. Welcome to the Nora Roberts fan club!! I enjoy her books, and thought this was a great start to the trilogy. Wonderful review Diamond :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! Lol I am so happy I finally read one of her books! :P It was so good I can't wait to read the sequel!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read anything by this author yet either but I think you've inspired me to! Boo for not enough dirt though :D LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Yes Trish you have to! I know you like romance even more than I do so I must insist you read this book! It's so good! ;)

      Delete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!