Thursday, November 14, 2013

Book Review: Goddess by Josephine Angelini

Goddess by Josephine Angelini
Source: My Collection (hardcover)
My rating: 5 of 5 stars :star :star :star :star :star


What an excellent end to a great series.

I'm going to keep this super short and sweet. I really love this series, probably because I really love Greek mythology and any incarnation of it is just so cool. I loved the world that Angelini created and I'm actually sad to see it end. This is one series I would've liked to see 4 or 5 books out of. There are so many relationships and lovely time-hurdling romances that it's just irresistible.

I especially loved how Helen got to remember her memories as previous Helens. Finally seeing the "true" story of Helen of Troy, and again as Guinevere from King Arthur's court. That was really cool and I always love reading different interpretations of events in history.

I am satisfied with the ending, although I'm still hoping there's I'll be a novella or something because I'd love to hear the stories of the different lovers. And I can't wait to read more from Angelini. She knows how to weave a world like no other, and I really enjoyed immersing myself in the story. 



View all my reviews




author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

2 comments :

  1. So many raves for this series! I should really give the first one a try sometime, especially if you still love it this much on the third book. I'm glad it lived up to your expectations, Dee.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!