Friday, October 25, 2013

Graphic Novel Review: Aphrodite by George O'Connor


Aphrodite: Goddess of Love by George O'Connor

Source: eARC via Netgalley/First Second Books
My rating: 3 of 5 stars :star :star :star


Thank you  to First Second Books for providing me with an advanced reader copy in exchange for an honest review.

I am familiar with the Olympians graphic novel series. Awhile back I purchased the Athena graphic novel and absolutely loved it. I've always loved reading about Greek myths and seeing them drawn out in beautiful colors and told a little differently (everytime I hear the myths the story changes slightly) was a real treat. 


Aphrodite was painted a little differently in this. Her marriage to Hephaestus was portrayed as being orchestrated by Zeus to outwit the cunning Aphrodite and stop the discord that was blooming when she arrived to Olympus. 


Overall it was a great story with excellent graphics. I'd recommend this to any lover of myths! I look forward to reading more in this series!

Note on the galley copy:
This title took months for me to review. I was reading it using the Bluefire app on my iPad and it kept freezing. Even after the iOS update & the Bluefire app update I could only read one page at a time, every few days! It was beyond frustrating and I almost DNF numerous times. 



View all my reviews


author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

6 comments :

  1. I've never been a huge fan of ones that are greek mythology. I have no idea why...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Greek Mythology is my kinda thing!

    Lovely review, hun! <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mythology and graphic novels! This sounds like a book I will really enjoy. Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!