July 14, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #7

Stacking the Shelves was created by Tynga @ Tynga's Reviews. Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical/virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, buy, etc.
 So it's the first week back from my week-long break in Wisconsin. Things have been nuts! I have never won so many books in my entire life, AND I have found such good deals on used books I couldn't pass them up! Of course this happens at a time when my personal life is hectic and messy and I barely have blogging time. Which makes me sad because the book geek in me wants to tell you guys all about it and see what everyone got/likes and dislikes. Lol.  I've been so bummed about both my grandpas being sick, I really needed book therapy! ^_^ So i drove my butt to Barnes & Noble and bought a stack of books 3 times in the past two weeks. And, well, it adds up. And these books i won were all since the last time I did a Sunday Post/STS.
 I'm so excited about Camp Boyfriend, Masque of Red Death, Beautiful Chaos (I'm officially addicted to this series), and I'm anxious to check out INK by Amanda Sun. I've read many mixed reviews by you guys. Some hated it o_O others Loved it. 
What did YOU get this week? Comment w/your linkypoo. 

WON

Starlet's Web series by Carla J. Hanna via Books à la modè

The Madman's Daughter
The Madman's Daughter (won several months ago but just got my copy due to my lack of brains)

Evermore (The Immortals, #1)
Evermore by Alyson Noël via Caroline @ The Attic: YA Book Reviews

Double Star
Double Star by Cindy Saunders via Clean Teen Publishing 

Concealed in the Shadows (Concealed in the Shadows, #1)
Concealed in the Shadows via Clean Teen Publishing 

Camp Boyfriend Prize Pack: via the author Joanna Rock (it was a tumblr giveaway!) 
Camp Boyfriend T-shirt & bookmark w/friendship bracelet & temporary tattoos
Paperback finished copy of Camp Boyfriend by J.K. Rock (signed!) 
ARC signed copy of INK by Amanda Sun ARC signed Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott

4 REVIEW

Replica by Jenna Black (ARC) 

Karmack by J.C. White 

Ennara and the Fallen Druid by Angela Myron




BOUGHT

New: 

Masque of Red Death, Beautiful Chaos (snagged the last copy @ B&N), Underworld. 

USED:

The Host 
Changeling
Immortal
The Gypsy Crown
Last Vampire Standing
Wicked Lovely 
Matilda
Charlotte's Web

Glass Houses (the Morganviille Vampires book 1) by Rachel Caine 
 
Also, @ book sale (I helped set up and didnt bring money so I wouldn't buy books but my boss reminded me I had 1$ coupon and then she gave me a few books free). So, NO i dont need a book intervention, i swear!!! :P
Oh and it's super late & I didn't anticipate these extra books...thus, no pictures. Sowwy! :t

Abandon by Meg Cabot (was shocked to find this in the throng of used books! A gem, IMO, especially since I just got the sequel not knowing it was a sequel. *rolls eyes* ) 
Book of Blues by Jack Kerouac
Airhead by Meg Cabot 
Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury
author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

15 comments :

  1. WOW, That is some haul! I'm impressed and the smallest bit green eyed :O I've seen good reviews for Camp Boyfriend, it sounds cute! However my most wanted book from your haul is Masque of the Red Death, dying to read that one! Enjoy hun :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, don't be green! :~ lol. I a excited to read Masque of Red Death too. I love the Poe story.

      Delete
    2. Should I tell you that Mrs Poe is on NG right now??!! Sounds so good :)

      Delete
  2. You did get a nice assortment of books. I read Ink. I didn't dislike it but I couldn't quite see what all the hype was about either. If you get a chance, come see what I got this week at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard very similar things from a lot of people I follow. Sometimes when a book has a lot of hype it can be damaging bc we expect it to be so awesome in our heads. I'm trying not to go into it expecting too much. *shrug*
      Thnx for stopping by! :O

      Delete
  3. Some awesome books here! I'm especially jealous of the Camp Boyfriend prize pack since I love that tote bag! Awesome haul here!

    New follower!!

    Check out my haul Here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh yeah I was so happy when I won the Camp Bf pack. I can't wait to read it.

      And I followed you back, thnx for stopping by! :h

      Delete
  4. Wow...huge haul! I still need to read Beautiful Chaos. And I recently read Glass Houses. It was okay.

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah? I hear mixed things, but mostly good about Glass Houses. And I can't wait to read Beautiful Chaos. Idk I'm really loving the series ^_^

      Thanks Sandy!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on winning the giveaway! I love that T-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved The Madman's Daughter, you must read it ASAP! Heartbeat looks really good, as does Camp Boyfriend! So many other pretty books, happy reading!

    Jen at Books and Other Happy Ever Afters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, ok Jen! I'll add your vote toward that then...as I'm deciding what to read next! :D

      Delete
  7. Great haul. Happy reading :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/stacking-shelves-46.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Cow thats a big haul LOL
    Thanks for stopping by my STS
    -Danielle @ Coffee and Characters

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! I hope you like those books from Clean Teen Publishing! You definetly have a great haul! :) Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!