July 19, 2013

Feature & Follow Friday #1




I've heard about the Feature & Follow Friday hosted by Parajunkee & Alison can Read. I'm finally joining in this week! Yay for a new feature! :tup I really want to meet new book blogging friends, and follow new blogs!! I think this feature is really amazing ^_^ So follow how you wish (Bloglovin preferred but email/Networked Blogs/GFC/linky are also dandy) and say hi! :$ 

So how does this work? 
First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools — keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them “hi” in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you! 
What sets this Hop apart from others, is our Feature. Each week we will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Who is our Feature today? Find out below. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow our Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee's View & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy. How do you follow someone? Well, if you have a preference, state it in your #FF post. A lot of blogs are transitioning to WordPress in which they do not have the luxury of GFC, so an RSS subscription is appreciated or if you choose an email subscription. If you don’t have GFC please state in your post how you would like to be followed.
****************************************

This Weeks Question:

Book Vacay: Where is the best destination reading spot for you? (Where do you like to go to read other then your home)


Besides reading at home, I love to read in the park. There's a beautiful park 10 mins away (Balboa Park) from me. It pretty big and it has a Japanese Tea Garden, a lil' lake (artificial but lots of birds, ducks, and fun) and plenty of trees. I like to find a spot under one of the trees; place my blanket and pillow on the grass and open up my book in the sunshine! :rainbow :O 


Where do YOU like to read? 


 Happy Follow Friday! #FF :rainbow 

Hop around and be social, meet new bloggers and follow away! Shoo, shoo...but come back and snoop around my blog (it'll be fun). 


author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

14 comments :

  1. WOW! You're so lucky that you live near such a gorgeous park! I don't live near any parks :o

    Old Google Plus and GFC follower!

    Check out my FF post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! No parks?! How do you commune with nature? Lol. >.<

      Delete
  2. I love Japanese Tea Gardens. I think they are really peaceful. I like to read in bookstores and cafes. New follower on bloglovin. :) Happy Friday

    -April @ Once Upon a Coffin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to read in cafes too! In fact, I may go to one tonight to read... :$

      Thanks for following! Followed you back already

      <3

      Delete
  3. I am following you from the hop. I would love return followers on bloglovin please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi! I am following you back :O

      Delete
  4. Sounds lovely, love the idea of the Japanese Tea Gardens, sounds very serene. I mostly read in my own garden but love reading at the beach or in coffee shops too. Or after my workout at the gym, I sit outside on the lawn, under a tree, with my book and wait for Tom to finish his workout (he takes about 20 minutes longer than me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Ok, so then I ask you...do you read more in your garden or inside your house?!

      I'm curious hehe :angel

      Delete
    2. I'd say its about 50/50 at this time of year. In Winter I spent less time in the garden and more time on my couch with the fire blazing!

      Delete
  5. I tend to just read in my bed or in the backyard. Parks are close by but seem so far when you are a lazy person like me, lol.

    Fab post, hon! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, especially bc when you're eagerly wanting to see what's going to happen next in the bk you're reading ! Lol >.<

      Delete
  6. I like your header a lot! Super cute site :)
    That park sounds pretty amazing, too.

    New follower via bloglovin'.
    Here's my FF if you feel like checkin' it out:
    http://thepookapicks.wordpress.com/2013/07/20/feature-follow-friday-4/

    ReplyDelete
  7. A park is a great place to read! It is so peaceful and relaxing. Thanks for stopping by my FF. New bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!