Monday, May 13, 2013

Bout Of Books Read-a-Thon Goals


Bout of Books

Goals for Bout of books Read-a-thon
{May 12-19}

Time Devoted to Reading
- I will be reading all week (some will be half days or only a few hours, and probably no reading Sunday). I'm going to keep the television off and read as much as possible without totally exhausting myself ;)

My Goals
- read a chapter a day (minimum) of The Woman in White, the classic I've been struggling with. Or begin a new classic and make mucho progress
- read one short story ( The Blue Witch or Lenobia's Vow)
- finish Cinder Tempted
- comment on other participants blogs and participate in giveaways/challenges
-Read some books that have been on my TBR for over a year!

Books to Read
- The Woman in White by Wilke Collins [make progress]
- Cinder by Marissa Marr [finish]
- Tempted by P.C. Cast [finish]
- The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan [begin]
- The Blue Witch by Kevis Henderson [novella-begin if time]

 photo 592b1b49-5608-44b7-a6a8-bca09a5cda28_zpsf39cd7cb.jpg photo 6665760b-995c-4435-9579-a9acc51b5d4b_zpsa723b34e.jpg photo 384bb2ee-9447-4bac-9b63-151566200a1c_zps0eca5f18.jpg
 photo 291d4584-c594-4c60-9acf-04cedd7eeeed_zpse7682715.jpg photo 22294986-8106-445c-bdf5-656c7b1ad0c1_zpsd284758f.jpg


This is how my updates will look throughout the week..if I have a review to post the updates will be separate, but on the same day as I will post updates daily! 

Bout of Books Daily Update:
Monday
# of books read today:
Total # of books I've read:
Books:

[repeat for remainder of week]
author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

10 comments :

  1. Just realised I was following you on Google + but not your blog! So now I am a new gfc follower :-)
    I have just downloaded Cinder and hope to read it soon.
    Kirsty x
    Http://www.kvlovesbooks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha cool! Me too, actually...so I followed you back on GFC already following google+

      Delete
  2. Good luck! I kind of hate doing challenges, because it feels like I'm forcing myself to do stuff, and it really stresses me out. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yeah I can see that. I like the fact that this is a super low-stress challenge..it can be as little or as much as you want to read in one day and I like that. But I can see how it's not for everyone! :)

      Delete
  3. I've heard great things about Cinder and hope to read it soon. I love reading classics but I try to space them out over the year because they take so long to read. I read Les Miserables in March so it's a little soon for me to be taking on another classic. The Woman In White is in my classics pile, though, so I'm eager to know what others think of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been having a problem with The Woman in White...I like it, don't get me wrong, but it's very difficult to read for a long period of time, it's interesting...but compared to other books I'm reading it's not..does that make sense? Lol.

      Idk I don't want to abandon it but I a, trying to read 6 classics this year for my dust off your classics challenge! Woman in white is kinda holding me up! :|

      Delete
  4. I hope that your challenge is going well! I read Battle of the Labyrinth and enjoyed it and I really want to read Cinder. I hope the classic gets faster. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I finished Tempted and just started Battle of the Labyrinth! Cinder is really good!! :tup

      Delete
  5. Cinder is awesome!!!! I promise you won't even be able to put that book down until it's done! Also, I like the classic - idea, should've thought of that one, too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seriously loving it! You're right I haven't been able to put it down --especially today!!

      Delete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!