May 30, 2013

Armchair BEA Genre Post: Literary Fiction

What authors/novels would you recommend to someone new to the genre?
 AtonementThe Kite RunnerLeave of AbsenceBelovedThe Weird Sisters
Unnatural CreaturesLife of Pi

I don't read much literary fiction. I do read tons of historical fiction, though. I notice many times the lines between these genres blur. So my list of books I recommend it very short, but I didn't want to include all historical fiction ;)

Are you a lover of literary fiction? Have you read any on this list? 

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

6 comments :

  1. I'm so bugged that I forgot to put The Kite Runner on my list! There's so many that I should have listed actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard Atonement is really good. I should try that one some time. Not a big literary reader, but once in a while. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read mostly literary and historical fiction and it looks like you have a good start, for sure! You're right about genres blurring. I'd say one of my favorite authors in the genre is Meg Wolitzer, especially her new novel The Interestings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life of Pi is in my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read 4/7: Kite Runner, Beloved, the weird sisters and the life of Pi, the latest being my favorite of these

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't read much Literary fiction. : / I should change that! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!