February 20, 2013

Creepy Comics Vol.2: At Death's Door, Dark Horse Publishers

Creepy Comics Volume 2: At Death's DoorCreepy Comics Volume 2: At Death's Door by Jeff Parker
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This item was provided to me by the publisher, Dark Horse.

I lost interest after the first story. The art was good. Not amazing or spectacular, but good. I generally prefer comics with color, I find them to be more impressive overall. However, there are some equally excellent comics in black and white; I just feel like the bar is raised when it's in black and white. I enjoyed the first story a lot. It was unique, dealing with a shaman and her quest to save her tribe and her son from a terrible fate. It had a strong American Indian/aborigine theme and feel to it, which is unique as I don't recall reading many comics with that same theme. I liked that it seemed to create a completely original world in which the reader was sucked into. These are important elements of a good comic/graphic novel. If I could rate the first Story alone, I'd give it 3 stars. However, my rating goes on the entire book and the fact that the book went downhill after the first story.

View all my reviews
author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!