Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Big Sur, by Jack Kerouac

Big SurBig Sur by Jack Kerouac
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Is a great book. I saw similarities with The Dharma Bums, but Jack had changed a lot. The narration had gotten a little less "beauty is everywhere." I live in southern Cali and traveled up the coast on a road trip and went to Big Sur. I even visited (couldn't go inside) the cabin on the cliff overlooking the ocean in which Kerouac himself wrote this novel! My, was it gorgeous! I could totally imagine him sitting there in the beautiful isolation and writing. If you like Kerouac I suggest you read this book.

View all my reviews
author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!